- Make a few ornament shapes out of fuzzy pipe cleaners.
- Make sugar crystal solution by adding 4 cups sugar to 2 cups water, and boiling until the solution is clear.
- Pour the solution into a quart jar or small glass jars.
- Lay a pencil over the jar(s). Use string or twist ties to hang the ornaments from the pencil. The ornaments should not be touching each other, or the sides of the jar.
- Wait two weeks, or until crystals form.
- Remove the ornaments, dip in water to rinse, hang dry, and admire!
Saturday, December 10, 2016
Sparkling Sugar Crystal Ornaments
With two weeks to go before Christmas, you've got just enough time to make your own sugar crystal ornaments. Here's how!
Posted by Loralee Leavitt at 10:58 PM